Published most Wednesdays

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Steel Legion for Life

Armageddon and I have a history. If there's a fictional place I know better than any other, it's not Middle Earth, or Castle Gormenghast, or the City of Rapture, or the town of Silent Hill, it's the Hives & Deserts of Armageddon.

I've been involved in defending it (in various incarnations) since 1992.

18 years, man and boy. That means, in two years time, I would have enough experience to be mustered out of the Imperial Guard, and given a pension. And probably bionic legs.

A year or so ago, in this blog post, I declared "I was always a big fan of the human defenders of the planet. At the start of the game, they have everything stacked against them; they are outnumbered, outgunned, and they live in a place which even the most dedicated tourist board would have trouble describing favourably..."

Well, that's a mantle I'd like to take on.

Welcome to the Office of the Armageddon Tourist board.

No comments:

Post a Comment